Popcorn Show and Sell Info
The popcorn show and sell gives the chance for the scouts to get out in front of various local businesses with the popcorn ready to sell directly to the customer. Each scout that participates in a time block will be credited with the total amount sold during that time divided by the number of scouts present.
- A total of four scouts will be allowed to sign up per two-hour time slot. You can signup for consecutive time slots, however we have a 12-hour max on signups per scout until we have no more volunteers.
- In addition, 2 adults will be needed for each block. If you have/are a parent or guardian that will be attending, please enter the the adult's name in the notes when signing up.
- To save a sign-up date to a Google calendar or outlook, click the small icons in the information section for each individual signup page.
- Scouts need to arrive in their Class A Uniform.
- For more information, contact Dianna O'Dell (popcorn chair) or Jim Charlton.
Popcorn Selling Incentives
- Fill it up! - Fill up at least one popcorn order sheet and you will be entered in a weekly drawing for a $75 Gift Card. Drawing Dates are: September 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th.
- Council Top Sellers - One Top Seller from a Cub Pack and One Top Seller from a Scout Troop will win a wireless Beats headphones. (Minimum sales of $2,500)
- $650 Club - Council sponsored gift.
- $1,000 Club: 1/2 Off Camp - Cub Scouts - Any GAC Activity! That’s a Cub Scout and an Adult Partner (1/2 off Webelos Resident Camp) Boys Scouts - 1/2 off any GAC Event, Summer Camp, or NYLT. Venturers/Explorers - 1/2 off any GAC Venturing or Exploring Event.
- $2,500 Club: Free Camp - Cub Scouts - Cub Scout Day Camp, Webelos Resident Camp; Boy Scouts - Summer Camp or NYLT. Venturers/Explorers - any Venturing/Exploring Event.
- GAC CAMPS and EVENTS ONLY!
- College Scholarship Program - Scouts who sell $2,500 in popcorn will have 6% of their gross sales credited to a college scholarship account for them to use when they prepare for college.